Thursday, April 2, 2009

April fools day fun!

What a great April fool day! This year Darren thought he would get me back from last year, and he did a great job. It was about 9:30am and I was doing my daily workout on the Elliptical, when I got a phone call from Darren's Boss.

Meg: hello
Boss: I Meg this is Rick Stubbs, Darren's boss
Meg: Oh, hi
Boss:I just wanted to let you know their has been an accident at work and Darren is on his way to Jordan Valley Medical. I guess they were messing around and something happened. Don't worry the our Insurance will cover everything.
Meg: WHAT, WHAT, I DON'T UNDERSTAND!(my heart rate was already up from my workout and now I thought I was going to pass out, I started crying)
Boss: Oh, by the way APRIL FOOLS! Here is Darren.

I couldn't even talk, I was stunned and crying my eyes out. By that time Darren had got on the phone and was laughing, I had to hang up till I could calm my self down. What makes this prank so real for me is that their has been things happening at work the has but Darren's life in danger. So when I got this call it was all but fake. But thanks to Darren it made the kids April fools a good one. Oh, I almost forgot, when Darren got home he keep the funny pranks going with my sister and his Mom. Best April fools Day ever.

3 comments:

R Clan said...

I would have been so mad at Corey if he would have done that to me. Sounds like you handled it pretty well. lol :)

amy thomas said...

that sounds like something darren would do.i heard about that april fools joke darren played on kathy sooooooo darren. hey that picture on your front cover of sadie is the cutest picture ever.

Dan and Melissa said...

Darren...that was awesome! BUT...seriously HOW COULD YOU!?! Dan and I are just laughing right now and Dan said "I know never to do that to you because you would freak out." Good sport Meg;)