Sunday, July 19, 2009

a trip to the hospital

What a fun Saturday I had. It started out at 7 in the morning when my friend Jenna and I had a boutique at her sisters house. After sitting outside in and selling a few things Jenna and I decided that we would clean up and head to the Hobie lobby( I needed to make a longer dress for her sisters baby). As we started to clean up I felt some pain in the right side of my back. I thought to my self "no big deal, I get this pain often its just another small kidney stone". Well I was dead wrong!!!! With in the next hour and standing in Hobie Lobby, I was in so much pain. I looked at Jenna and said " we need to leave, you have to take me to the hospital". I called Darren at work and told him what was going on. After I got signed in at the hospital, we waited for what seemed like hours they finally got me in. Another 2hours later they took me back to have a CT scan. And much to my surprise I didn't have just 1 kidney stone I had 3!!!!! They let me go home high on morphine to pass the one that is stuck in my urethra, and wait out the other 2 to roar their ugly heads. So I have a few people to thank, Jenna thank you for all you help, and to your husband Dustin for taking care of Sadie. And to Darren for waiting in the hospital with me for 4 hours. Sorry if this doesn't make sense, I still have some morphine in me!

6 comments:

Jenna said...

Meg, you are SO welcome, although I really didn't do anything, and Sadie was not a problem at all. I'm glad she was comfortable over here, and had fun with the kids. Sorry Saturday was a bust, but many more to come!! FEEL BETTER soon!

jina carter said...

Holy cow! That sucks! I feel so bad for you. I hope that you can get better soon. Thank goodness for pain medicine!

The Marvelous Mrs. Miller said...

Meg, you poor girl = ( I hope you pass them soon. Good Luck! love ya!

Jeff said...

Hey Meg,

I hadn't checked out your blog in a while, but looks like you're doing great. I wish I could lose some weight! I'll need to ask your advice. Also, Congrats on 4 years and sorry about the kidney stones. Jeff's had those. YIKES! Take care!

Amanda

Dan and Melissa said...

We're SO sorry to hear about your kidney stones. I'm so glad you're doing better. That can be way scary.

Joe & Heather said...

I hope that you get better soon!!! Kidney stones are nasty lil buggers. Good luck.